By Kelly Cison
At last week’s CMA Awards, the biggest entertainers in country music pulled out the stops for the red carpet. We saw one mini hair trend we were loving: Both “Entertainer of the Year” winner Taylor Swift and co-host Carrie Underwood wore pinned-back curls that were sweet yet sophisticated…and each star put her own twist on the look.
Read on to find the steps to recreate both versions!
Steps by L’Oreal Professional Portfolio Artist Jennifer MacDougall
1. This hairstyle is styled with a 1 ¼-inch curling iron; to hold those curls, use L’Oreal Professionnel Mousse Voulpte and blow dry into the hair.
2. Section the hair starting at the nape. Take 1-2 inch sections and lightly spray with L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium (2 Hold) and then wrap the hair around the curling iron.
3. Pin each curl with a pin curl clip to set the hair. Continue curling each piece, spraying Infinium and pinning.
4. When the whole head is curled, release the pins.
5. Add 1-2 pumps of Mythic Oil and run your fingers through the curls to add shine, separate the curls and to keep frizz away.
6. Wrap and twist one side back and secure with bobby pins. Wrap the other side and twist back and secure at the nape.
7. Finish with Infinium (3 Hold).
Click here for Carries Underwood Curly CMA style